24 - Socialisation Part 4: Interacting with Horses (06:07)
Horses are prevalent in todays society and your puppy is likely to come across one at some stage in their life. Their size makes them intimidating and their tendancy to run if threatened may trigger a dogs chase or prey drive.
This video highlights these issues as Jo shows you how to socialise your puppy around these gentle animals. You are encouraged to enforce your puppy's self control, remain calm and most importantly spot when your puppy is trying to tell you they are not comfortable.
You will be looking for your first rural location to practice safe management after viewing this video.
- Observing puppy behaviour around horses
- Building a positive relationship
- Teaching your puppy self-control
- Utilising basic obedience commands
- Recognising stress signals